A Jimmy John’s driver got robbed, shot and killed as he attempted to make a delivery in the neighborhood of Humboldt and Burleigh, in Milwaukee’s Riverwest. Not far from my home, my friends. Very frightening.
This took place about 3 blocks away from the Art Bar, where owner Don Krause was shot in the chest by a 14 year old kid. Thankfully, he lived, but the problems remain: somehow, idiots having no regard for human life are obtaining guns and wreaking havok on innocent people.
Sounds like the war in Iraq.
How can a nation whose history is steeped in warfare have any hope of raising children that shun violence?
The problem is compounded by those who think purchasing a gun solves the problem.
This gun violence must stop.
Posted: October 10th, 2006
Comments: 12 Comments
Milwaukee musician Chris Vos, of Freshwater Collins and Erotic Adventures of the Static Chicken fame, recently had his equipment stolen. It’s like a stab in the heart when something like this happens. Musicians are rarely loaded with indispensable amounts of cash… and some crack head is probably trying to pawn off Chris’ hard-earned gear for another hit.
I’ve included the list of stolen stuff below, in case someone out there knows anything about this:
List of Gear Stolen: September 27, 2006
Any information please contact Chris Vos:
Email: chris [at] freshwatercollins [dot] com
- 1-Black Tokai Hummingbird Electric Guitar, with Bigsby Tremelo System, Black and White striped Humbucking Pickups. Very unique, only guitar that will look like in existence, I had the Bigsby put on it and the zebra striped humbuckers.
- 1-Light Blue American Made, Fender Stratocaster with matching blue headstock… Very unique, with the blue headstock that matches the body color.
- 1-Light Blue Fender Lapsteel Slide Guitar from the 60’s. White Tuning Pegs, Serial number is “PAT Pending” Also, Very unique. White Tuners and Pat Pending are a dead giveaway.
- The Following Pedals were all on two homemade pedal boards. They may either appear together or separate.
- 1-Moog Murf MF105 and Expression Pedal with Tap Tempo Pedal attachment
- 1-Moog 12 Stage Phaser MF 103, and Expression Pedal
- 1-Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
- 1-Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
- 1-Electro Harmonix Small Stone Phaser
- 2- Green RPG Overdrives, same color green as an old Tube Screamer
- 1- Boss DS 1 Distortion, Orange
- 1- Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal, White
- 2- Morley A/B passive foot changer pedals
Posted: September 28th, 2006
Comments: No Comments